Generating Innovation through the use of common data: improving the diagnosis and treatment of child and adolescent mTBI in Canada
CanChild in collaboration with multiple partners across Canada have begun to develop standardized clinic and research-based common data elements (CDE) to provide the ability to perform large national collaborative studies in the area of pediatric mTBI.
The specific aims of the study are to:
- Establish the feasibility, and utility of collecting CDE measures for children and adolescents in 7 pediatric mTBI follow-up programs across Canada,
- Describe the Canadian pediatric mTBI population who seek health care services in pediatric institutions,
- Explore correlations between initial presentation, personal factors and 6 month outcome post-injury
- Principle Investigator: Isabelle Gagnon, Msc, PhD
- Regional Co-investigator: Carol DeMatteo, OT, MSc